BRIAN IN THE KITCHEN brought to you by Stitsworth Meats
December 4 2009
Crock Pot Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake Pudding
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour (plain)
3 tbls cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbls butter
1/2 tsp vanilla EXTRA
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 3/4 cups hot water
1. Melt the butter.
2. Sift the 1 cup of brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
3. Whisk in the milk, melted butter and vanilla.
4. Spread this batter evenly over the bottom of the crock pot - it will be a thin layer but that is ok as it rises up.
5. Mix together the extra cocoa powder and the brown sugar. Sprinkle this on top of the batter - yes it does seem alot.
6. Pour the hot water over the top - DO NOT stir!
7. Cook on HIGH for 2 hours (needs the high heat to work). Check it at about 1 1/2 hours if your slow cooker runs hot.
8. To check if cooked, insert a skewer into the middle of the cake to about and inch down and if it comes out clean it's done.
9. Scope out with a spoon and be sure to get some of the sticky sauce from the bottom.
Notes Serves 6